Last updated: 29/02/2016
Postmobile Web Policy
Access to this site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. Since they are for the protection of both you and Postmobile, a limited liability company having its registered office at the GPO, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1 (herein referred to as “Postmobile”), please take the time to read them carefully. By using this Website you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Please note that this Website is owned and operated by Postmobile and that references to “we”, “us and “our” mean Postmobile.
- Copyright in this site and the information set out on it belongs to us or our licensors and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent. All copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices must be left intact.
Save as otherwise specified the contents of all the pages contained in this site are copyright of Postmobile or its licensors.
- Reproduction of part or all of the contents of the pages in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence solely for the purpose of using this site and any services available on this site. You may make one electronically stored, transient copy of these pages of this site for the exclusive purpose of on-line viewing. You may make one hard copy of these pages for exclusively, non-commercial purposes.
- Save whether otherwise specified the author(s) of the literary and artistic work set out in the pages contained in this site has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of these works.
- This licence does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hardcopy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
- No part of this site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval.
- Some pages on this site contain hypertext links to websites not maintained by Postmobile. You are reminded that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such link to websites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
- You warrant that you will use this site in accordance with all the terms and conditions applying to such use and you agree to indemnity Postmobile for any liability accruing to Postmobile from your use of this site.
- This site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the site, you accept that your use of the site and any information on the site will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the site or any information on it, you agree that the Irish Courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
- The use of this site or the distribution of information on the site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions and this website is not intended for use nor the information intended for distribution in such jurisdictions and the persons accessing this website should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions.
- No third party is permitted to link any other website to this site without obtaining our prior written consent.
- Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge confidential or personal information over the internet unless you are using secure or encrypted communications technology.
- The contents of this site including these terms and conditions are subject to change by us without notification to you. We accept no responsibility or liability for keeping the information in this site up to date or for any failure to do so.
The information contained in this site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to its completeness, accuracy or reliability. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this site. Access to and use of this site is at the users own risk and we do not represent or warrant the use of this site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this site or any of its contents. We do not accept liability for any inaccuracies or omissions on this site. All implied warranties are excluded to the fullest extent permissible under law. We reserve the right to update or alter the information on this site including these terms and conditions at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Postmobile does not give any warranty of uninterrupted use of this site and Postmobile does not accept liability for any information posted on this site by third parties.
- You will ensure that your use of this website complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those principles of law which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information and other intellectual property rights, liable or defamation of character, invasion of privacy or tortious interference.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
- You agree not to post or publish any offensive, defamatory or unlawful material that could encourage or constitute a criminal offence, civil liability or violation of any law.
- Postmobile reserves the right to monitor or review the contents of the website but are not obliged to do so and assume no liability or responsibility for the contents therein.
- Postmobile reserves the right to remove any materials posted to the website at its absolute discretion.
- Postmobile may disclose your identity to relevant parties to aid any investigation.
- You warrant that the information you enter on this site is accurate and you indemnify us in respect of any damage or legal costs arising out of any action taken against us in respect of the material posted by you.
- The Internet address (or IP address) of the device you used to access this website
- Whether you reached the site using a search engine or if you clicked a link on another website
- The type of web-browser you used
- The type of device you used to access the Internet.
- We reserve the right not to process an access request that is not made in our Access Request Form format;
- We shall not process an access request unless the prescribed fee of €6.35 is received by cheque or postal money order made payable to An Post; and
- we do not accept access requests via telephone, email or text message.
- Your name and address.
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
- If you request an erasure of your personal data all your data will be erased subject to the following important notice.
Data Privacy Statement of Postmobile
This is the privacy statement of Postmobile as it relates to this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identified as such.
In addition to this Privacy Statement you may wish to read our Data Protection Policy.
Postmobile respects the rights of users of our website and is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with Data Protection legislation at all times. We will not collect any personal information (also referred to as personal data) about you on this website without your permission or otherwise in accordance with Data Protection legislation. Collection and use of personal data You do not have to provide us with any personal information (or personal data) to use our website. However, where you choose to give us personal data, via online feedback forms or email, then we will treat your personal information in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
By simply visiting our website, you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data about you. The information collected about your visit is limited to technical data such as:
We use this data for administrative and statistical purposes as well as to help us improve our website. This technical data does not provide us with the personal data of visitors to our website.
Last updated: 29/02/2016
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a Site. Cookies are then sent back to the originating Site on each subsequent visit, or to another Site that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a site to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
The cookies used on the Postmobile site have been categorised based on the categories found in the UK International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this site by category is set out below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features and/or services. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features.
|Cookie Name||Description||When do cookies expire?||1st or 3rd party|
|PHPSESSID||Creates a unique session ID for the user. No personal information is stored within this cookie.||End of session||1st party|
|wordpress_logged_in_[hash||The cookie takes care of storing the status of user authentication.||1 year||1st party|
|wordpress_sec_[hash] –||Checks if the browser is enabled to save cookies or not.||1 year||1st party|
|wordpress_test_cookie –||Checks if the browser is enabled to save cookies or not.||1 year||1st party|
|wp_woocommerce_session||Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within this cookie.||1 year||1st party|
Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a Site works.
|Cookie Name||Description||When do cookies expire?||1st or 3rd party|
|We use Google Analytics to measure how users interact with our site content, for example what are the most popular pages. Google Analytics is Google’s free web analytics tool that mainly helps site owners to understand how their visitors engage with their site by setting cookies on the domain of the site you are visiting. They collect information anonymously and report site trends without identifying individual visitors.||
From session to 2 years, please check:
|woocommerce_cart_[hash]||Contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. No personal information is stored within this cookie||1 year||1st Party|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. No personal information is stored within this cookie||End of session||1st Party|
Functional cookies allow this Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name and log in details) and any customisations you make to Site pages during your visit and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other Sites. More information about such cookies can be found in the relevant third party website.
|Domain / Cookie Name||Description||1st or 3rd party|
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, PREF, use_hitbox
|Display of Postmobile content hosted on youtube.com||3rd party|
Targeting or Advertising Cookies:
Targeting or Advertising cookies are linked to services provided by third parties. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our Site. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits on this Site in order to make advertising both on this Site and other Sites you subsequently visit relevant to you and your interests, to limit the number of times those adverts are served to you and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
|Cookie Name||Description||When do cookies expire?||1st or 3rd party|
DoubleClick by Google (Ad Platform)
|These cookies collect information about your browsing habits on this Site in order to make advertising both on this Site and other Sites you subsequently visit relevant to you and your interests, to limit the number of times those adverts are served to you and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.||Please check: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/||3rd party|
Managing cookies in your browser:
In addition to the options provided above, you may refuse or accept cookies from the Site at any time by activating settings on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s site via your help screen. We have also supplied links to several of the more popular browsers for procedures on how to view and disable cookies.
Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the Site may operate as intended.
How to delete cookies
For further information on how to delete cookies we recommend that you read the information provided at following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/clear-cookies-installed.html.
You can find more information about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org to obtain detailed information on how to prevent cookies from being set on your particular browser.
For further information about Google Analytics please see Safeguarding your data.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all Sites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you would like further information about the cookies used in relation to YouTube videos, the YouTube privacy notice, including details about YouTube related cookies, is available at: https://www.google.co.uk/policies/privacy/.
If you would like to find out more about advertising networks and affiliate programmes and how cookies are used for these purposes, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com This is an information portal which is run by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB), the trade association for digital advertising, and will provide you will all the information you need to know about online behavioural advertising and the choices available to you.
Giving us your personal information
Please note that where you provide us with your personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, work address, phone and facsimile numbers and/or other contact information), through a facility provided on this website or directly to us by e-mail, you consent to us:
(a) processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instruction; and
(b) retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email). Information in the email we receive and send will not be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender unless otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection legislation.
Please note that by using this website you are giving us your consent to process your personal data as outlined in this Privacy Statement. Your consent is also provided to any successor or assignee of Postmobile and/or any of its businesses. We inform all persons who submit their personal data to us of these conditions by this Privacy Statement.
Security of data
Postmobile takes seriously its security obligations in respect of your personal data under the Data Protection Acts to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of personal data in our possession.
Right of Access
Where you have provided us with your personal data you have a right to be given a copy of your personal data in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. To request a copy of your personal data please visit our Access Request Policy where you can download our Access Request Form for completion before sending it to us at Data Protection Co-Ordinator, An Post, Management Suite, GPO, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1 together with the prescribed fee of €6.35. Please note the following important requirements:
Right of rectification or erasure
If we hold incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Further you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to us in writing at Data Protection Co-Ordinator, An Post, Management Suite, GPO, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1 together with:
We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Postmobile trusts that you appreciate we respect your right to privacy and that our honesty and integrity shall mean that you will continue to trust us with your personal data, knowing that we will not use it for any inappropriate purpose.
Glossary of technical terms used
IP address: The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company’s computer), expressed in “internet protocol” code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
personal data: means information about you which can identify you and which is within the possession of Postmobile (e.g. your name and address)
web browser: The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.